
Important to start the day the right way! From the best waffle batter at the hotel.

The magic begins with a ferry ride to one of the four DisneyWorld themeparks. Disney has gotten so huge that you will need at least four days to properly cover all the themeparks, which unfortunately was not possible for us. I vow to return some day!
I love the comical effect of this photo taken in the ferry, plus Mum and Dad unintentionally well included within the frames.

Photo op at the Main Station behind us...
... and the iconic Sleeping Beauty's castle. Dont think anybody can get tired of visiting Disney over and over again, right?

My marmee and daddy.
Sometimes I wonder if I never grow up because I keep thinking that my sister is still a baby (well she still is kind of small, physically..) and I still need to play with her. Turns out that she might have outgrown my mental age.
Another photo taken with great comical effect because all three of us have different expressions.
Can't say you've been to Disney until you have tackled the smoked turkey leg that's as big as a clenched fist. Nothing spectacular, tastes like ham, but just fun to eat.

Alice in Wonderland topiary!
Outside the shops with pretty pretty lights at night.

Picture perfect Mum and Dad next to a pretty MickeyMouse fountain!

I thought this almost looks like a postcard with us being framed by the window display.

This is a commemorative photo because it is cw's first driving practice before her next after age 21! (It always breaks her heart when she remembers she can't take lessons at 18.)

The night ended with a parade..

.. and a spectacular fireworks display lasting 10 minutes. Can you imagine their revenue if they are able to do this every night? Maybe they can contribute to the bailout plan. (Photo credit goes entirely to cw. I was busy taking videos that are too big to load here.)

Main Street after the fireworks, when everybody's leaving. The magnitude of the crowd on a Thanksgiving weekend is terrifying.

No trip to DisneyWorld is complete without trying on their cute hairbands.
We made an hour's drive to Kennedy Space Center the day after DisneyWorld, after having a themepark break in between to visit the outlet malls.

We timed our trip to NASA to coincide with the return of the space shuttle Endeavor after a two week trip to the International Space Station. At the space center, the flag of the space shuttle in operation is flown below the American flag. Turns out that Orlando was expecting a storm that day, and the space shuttle was routed to California to land. What a letdown.
dc and I with the space shuttle launching pad far far far away behind us.
That's the Orbital Processing Facility (OPF) at the other far far far end of the complex away from the launch pad. The space shuttle travels from the OPF (the hanger for the shuttle) to the launch pad on a trawler at 1mile per hour or some ridiculously low speed like that.

Space shuttle engine and the Ke's!
My dad likes to capture us at play.
Every space mission gets their own insignia with the astronauts' names on it. Isn't it cool?
Kennedy Space Center at night.
We didn't get to do much at KSC, partly because we went there late and were unable to finish the whole tour, and the storm dampened our spirits significantly. Nonetheless, it was definitely very educational and 'nerdy' (in my sister's words) and worth a visit whenever you're in Houston or Orlando.
(P/S: If anybody knows how to load photos without throwing off the formatting, please teach me! This bug in Blogger is getting on my nerves, especially when I have so many stories to tell!)

No comments:
Post a Comment