The past weekend was another warm one, for the first time in forever (except for that one freak 32oC afternoon a few weeks back), temperatures rose near 30oC and the guys were itching to go out for some fresh air. I, for one, am all for greenery and birds.. but when they suggested hike, I immediately conjure thoughts of strenuous climbs (like the Blue Mountain hike last year), wild snakes (yikes!) and hot and sweatiness. Half reluctantly, I agreed to go only on the condition that they protect me from seeing any slithering creatures (well, and shopping.. but more on that later..).
Yingkai busy tracing the fastest way to get to the peak. Turns out this hill is only 300+ feet high! LOL.
Our first landmark was a boulder.. Reminds you of the Singapore Stone in history lessons, doesn’t it?
The woodlands is also somebody’s backyard! All of us were green with envy at the big house and recreation right at their door step.. sans the snakes.
It was a gentle, maybe 20 minute walk before we reach the last steep stretch (which actually is also a short one too). Pity the camera could not capture the depth of the image to see the uphill slope, but nonetheless, dc and I love how the trees form a thick frame along the path.
Must take photos..
And finally.. after not much effort at all..
Can we see downtown Boston from that little clearing behind the hill?
Yingkai must be sniggering at my anthers.
There was a nice big rock clearing where we had a little picnic of Dunkin’ Donuts (haha talk about calories in versus calories out), enjoyed the view, the sun and talk about everything under it.
And before we leave the peak, a panoramic shot of the little view we get..
On the way down, I was intrigued by the slope of the woodlands, and Yingkai suggested we take a tired-looking photo to show that it was tough hiking up.
And my interpretation..
I got reprimanded by Yingkai because I smiled even though I had to be tired.
Anyway, after the shots, I discovered that the tree we were leaning on had.. yikes, holes.
Not sure if these are insect nests (YK’s guess) or woodpecker artifacts (mine), but they were certainly teeming with life..
See the bug?
The observant me also noticed these cute furry leaves:
They had hair all over them, isn’t it cute? It is not difficult then, to conceive that the three scientists will discuss what the utility of hair on leaves is..
So as promised, we went to Burlington Mall to ‘shop’. The truth is, I suggested shopping in jest (you know, to insist on doing a girl thing after the guys’ outing), though every girl will know that it is impossible to do girls’ shopping with two guys following behind, guilting you with their bored faces. :(
We did catch a good sale at Burlington though..
and a close up to see the textures on the canvas that drew dc in..
And I chose this for my nursery:
I can’t wait for the day when I tell my daughter that I was thinking about her when I bought this painting. (The unexcited dc then asked me what if I had a son. grrr)

No comments:
Post a Comment